On Saturday, April 9th, Raven Rock State Park will be having a Big Celebration for 100 years in NC State Parks.
To day kicks off at 8:30 AM with the Raven Rock Trail Trek, a 10 mile hiking challenge using 5 different hiking trails. This is a $25 pre-registration event. Registration for Trail Trek is now closed. Please email email@example.com if you are still interested in participating.
At 10:00 AM, the Centennial Party will begin at the Visitor Center.
This will be the final day for the Disappearing Frog Project exhibit, an amphibian related art exhibit that helps create awareness for the decline of amphibians worldwide through the Amphibian Survival Alliance.
Be sure to bring your aluminum cans with you for our recycling drive. You can also bring your veggie and fruit scraps and coffee grounds – the park has two compost bins they’d love to have you add to!
We’ll be taking photos all day long – look for your picture here on our website and on Facebook! You can also share your photos once we’ve posted ours!
In addition to the exhibit, many Earth Day nature-oriented and art exhibitors will be on hand, along with animals, music and art lessons that will fill the day.
- Live music by Midlife Crisis.
- Artist and author, Bob Palmatier, will be teaching small art classes throughout the day.
- Harnett 4-H
- Goats – with goat soap for sale
- Fly fishing demonstrations
- Flint napping demonstrations
- Sustainable Sandhills
- Harnett County Master Gardeners
- Harnett County Soil and Water
- Decomposition Demonstration
- Dew Dance Farm – Spinning wool, selling eggs and produce
- Purple Paint Farm Ponies
- Wildlife Rescue Center with birds, owls and merchandise
- Cape Fear River Adventures
- NC Forestry with Smokey the Bear
- NC Parks representatives
- Frog Watch Project
- Chytrid frog fungus information
- Boys Scouts Pack #0942
Remember April 9th, Raven Rock State Park, rain or shine!